Monday, October 25, 2010

96-year-old Velda Bennett of Eustis...

Velda Bennett update.

She's paid her house taxes so she's good to go.  In case this is your first time reading this Velda lives in Eustis, she's 96 years old and still mows her own yard and drives her own car.

Caught up with Velda a couple of weeks ago, before she didn't know how she was going to pay her $1,700 property taxes and thought she may have to sell her home.

Velda said, "It's like giving up."

But fortunately it didn't come to that.  Velda said she's going to put a little away each month for next year.

"My kids wouldn't help me after all I've done for them,"  Velda stated.  "I asked them if they could just send me a little each month, they said 'we're on a budget'."

Velda said there were times all she had was coffee and bread.

But the four-foot ten-inch gal just bursting with life said, "That's OK.  I'm going to meet our maker before they will.  When I get up there I'm going to tell Him how they've been treating me.  He'll take care of them!"

Oh the American spirit, you want a prime example of it just go talk to Velda Bennett it just doesn't get any better than that old gal...

No comments:

Post a Comment